Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Article: Do Unto Others: A Chilling Look at Israel's Treatment of Palestinians and Why HRC Should Have address It at AIPAC | OpEdNews

Article: Do Unto Others: A Chilling Look at Israel's Treatment of Palestinians and Why HRC Should Have address It at AIPAC | OpEdNewsThis commentary represents a first. I've never written one based solely on a book that so moved me I had to speak about it. But Ilan Pappe's 2006 history of what transpired in Palestine beginning in the late 19th century and culminating in 1948 -- events which take us directly to the present -- has motivated me to write about The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine as someone who cares about human rights, as a person who tries to believe that evil is the absence of good rather than the inverse, and as a secular Jew who once felt proud of a country that seemed to represent liberation. Now I realize there's a historical reality that most don't know and that many Jews will continue to deny.